You were positioned on my shoulders. There were people around us but it didn't matter. "Think about what's on your neck," you laughed. I cringed but smiled. We were having fun. My mom pulled up next to us and laughed. I could tell she thought we were silly.
-
Guitar is playing in my ears. I can't see yet but I can feel the column on your front porch against my back. "It's a beautiful day..." Your voice is filling my ears as the scene comes into play. It's close to summer. This was a long time ago. I'm smiling and you're thinking. I wished I knew what you'd been thinking about.
-
Summer. I feel like I shouldn't be there but I know it's still early. You're sitting in my lap, playing some skate game. I can't focus on what we're talking about. I'm thinking.
-
You're standing before me. How many times are my dreams going to start this way? We're in front of my house. My heart is racing. I have my house phone in one hand and your cell phone in the other. No. My mind is screaming.
-
You're singing and pretending to strum imaginary stings on a broom. I'm sweeping. This is the first time you've spoken to me. "Do you have any black nail polish?"
May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment