I woke up this morning from a strange dream. Well, not so much a dream as a flashback in my sleep if that makes much sense. I was seeing the sixth grade. I was seeing who I used to be. I was that dork kid that hung out with whoever she'd known forever, not really having a social clique, just moving from childhood friend to childhood friend. I was the kid that when someone said my name someone else went, "Who?" I was weird and out of place. I didn't talk to people or stand up for myself. I was only slightly sarcastic, never harsh. I did every bit of my homework instead of hanging out with friends.
I've come to realize that when the seventh grade started, I found the one person I could stand the least and latched myself onto their social group and changed myself to fit in.
Maybe I don't like who I've become anymore, but I can't go back. It's not possible and I know it. Deep down, I wish I could go back to being a nobody so that I wasn't caught up in drama.
I wish I could go back to when I didn't know you and I didn't cry a lot.
I wish I could send back the hands of time to when I was naive and hated people I talk to now.
I just wish things weren't this way anymore.
May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment